This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Travis Boylls. Travis Boylls is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Travis has experience writing technology-related articles, providing software customer service, and in graphic design. He specializes in Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux platforms. He studied graphic design at Pikes Peak Community College.
This article has been viewed 148,009 times.
Rain in Minecraft can help put out fires and flaming arrows, hydrate and water farms and crops, and can even help fill up cauldrons with water. Rain often occurs temporarily at random moments during Minecraft gameplay; however, if you want rain stopped, you can disable this weather feature by enabling cheats and entering the appropriate commands.
1Launch Minecraft on your PC and select “Create New World” on the “Select World” screen. You can only stop rain by creating a new world and enabling cheats.
- Rain can only be stopped on the PC version of Minecraft, unless you install custom Minecraft mods developed by third parties on your gaming console. Before installing custom Minecraft mods on your system, contact the developer to verify whether rain can be stopped at any time using that particular mod.
- 2Click on “More World Options,” then select “Allow Cheats: On.” This options allows you to use cheats throughout gameplay when logged into this particular world.Advertisement
- 3Click on “Done,” then type a name for your new world into the “World Name” text box.
- 4Click on “Create New World.” Your new world is now created with cheats enabled.
- 5Select the option to launch a gaming session of Minecraft in the world you just created.
- 6Wait for rain to start falling during gameplay, then type “/weather clear” or “/toggledownfall.” As you type one of these cheat commands, the cheat will display at the lower left corner of your Minecraft session.
7Press “Enter.” After pressing Enter, the message “Changing to clear weather” will display on-screen, and the rain will stop in your current Minecraft gaming session. X Research source
- To make rain stop for a predetermined amount of seconds, type “/weather clear < time >,” with “time” representing the number of seconds for which you want the rain stopped. X Research source
- QuestionWhy would I want to stop the rain?Owey HootsCommunity AnswerIt might be annoying for some players.
- QuestionIf I toggle the day cycle off, will it still change the weather?Community AnswerNo. The day-night cycle has no effect on the weather.
- QuestionHow can I stop rain permanently in Minecraft?Community AnswerYou can’t but, you could get a command block with cheats, and then make a red stone circuit that is connected to the command block.
- Try stopping rain if Minecraft gameplay begins to lag or run more slowly than usual. Rain can often cause frame rate drops or “lags” during gameplay, and can lower the quality of your gaming experience. X Research source⧼thumbs_response⧽
About This Article
1. Load a Minecraft game.
2. Open the Game menu.
3. Enable Cheats in Settings on Bedrock Edition, or Open to LAN on Java Edition.
4. Return to your game.
5. Press T, the chat bubble icon, or the right directional button on your controller to open the text chat.
6. Type “/weather clear” and press Enter.
Reader Success Stories
- “”/toggledownfall” was not in my knowledge of the game. I will be playing with that command to find how it works now.”…” more