How to Make Your Upper Arms Look Slim
Cybill asked how the woman who doesn’t want to show off her upper arms can look stylish and hide this asset.
Options to Make Your Upper Arms Look Slimmer
- 3/4 sleeves – they cut off the arms at a slim point and make the whole arm look slimmer.
- Alternatively, try a slightly shorter sleeve, that still covers the upper arm but has a diagonal rather than horizontal hem
- A floaty sleeve is a good alternative too as the sleeve doesn’t encase the upper arm tightly.
- Alternatively, a more voluminous sleeve will make your upper arms look small in comparison.
- If you have slim hips, consider wearing a fluted sleeve to balance your upper arms
Use the rules of scale and line when making decisions about what to choose.
- Remembering that horizontal lines broaden – and most hems are horizontals – which is why choosing diagonal sleeves will move the eye away from your arms and avoid that broadening hem.
- Only putting the hem at a narrow point on your arm if it is a horizontal.
- Making the sleeve larger than your arm so your arm looks smaller.
- Having other large details such as a larger necklace (just as you’d do for a large bust) will also help to create a focal point and balance the upper arms.