How to Make a Huge House in Minecraft (with Pictures)
wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 68 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.
This article has been viewed 238,138 times.
Huge houses take lots of time and effort, and they require lots of materials the more elaborate they are. This will show you how to make a big house!
Method 1 of 2:
Huge house #1
- 1Make a huge base for the house ( 20 x 30 blocks). Mark this frame with a material of your choice.
- 2Create the wall at about 10 blocks high. Do this for all walls of the house.Advertisement
3Cover the top of your house with a roof. There are two types of roofs:
- A flat one, just connect all the walls
- A pointed one. Put steps one step higher until both sides come together. Fill in remaining gaps.
4Make doors for any gaps so mobs won’t come in your house. Double doors are recommended as they look nicer but aren’t necessary.
- If you are on hard difficulty it is highly recommended that you have iron doors so zombies don’t break in your house. Build a bunker, just in case.
- 5Place torches in your house for some light. If you have made a nether portal you can use glowstone.
- 6Place torches outside your house to prevent aggressive mob spawning. Again you can use glowstone or jack-o-lanterns if you wish.
7Create 2×2 holes in the front of your house. Fill the holes in with glass for windows. To make glass you must smelt sand in a furnace.
- Or, you could put no glass in them and snipe at far away mobs from the window.
- 8Dig out the space on your floor and replace it with any nice block you would like. Brick and wool are two ideas, but hard to find, so pick whatever you find fancy. In creative mode, you have wool right on your fingertips, so take advantage of that.
- 9Put a crafting table, large chest, 2 furnaces, and a bed. This will complete your house. If you want you can make chairs by putting steps and sign on either side of the step.
Method 2 of 2:
Huge house #2
- 1Make a huge outline with 30 X 30 blocks.
- 2Build the wall (using any block you want) 15 blocks high.
- 3Make the roof. It looks best with stairs but it’s your choice.
- 4Make the floor. Use oak wood planks with wool carpets.
- 5Put in double doors. This helps it to look better.
- 6Add really big windows. Add a few small ones too, for variety.
- 7Add as many floors as you want.
- 8Decorate in any way you like. Keep expanding the house as you play.
- QuestionWhat is the best kind of door to use?Community AnswerThe best kind if door to use in survival is iron and the best door to use in creative is wooden, jungle, birch, etc.
- QuestionHow can you build such big houses – do you look it up or does it just come into your mind?Community AnswerSome people look it up while others just build whatever comes to their mind. Some people do both by looking at pictures for inspiration and building a mix of several house designs. What you do is your choice.
- QuestionWhat if I have Minecraft PE?Community AnswerIt.s still Minecraft. The same steps will work because all the materials are the same.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Make sure to flatten the potential house-site’s terrain first, if needed!⧼thumbs_response⧽
- You can add leaves you get by shears to make shrubs around your house.⧼thumbs_response⧽
- Beside the doors put glowstone, torches, or jack-o-lanterns on the outside, if you wish.⧼thumbs_response⧽
Submit a Tip
All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published
Thanks for submitting a tip for review!
About This Article
In other languages
Nederlands:Een groot huis maken in Minecraft
Bahasa Indonesia:Membuat Rumah Besar pada Minecraft
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 238,138 times.
Did this article help you?