wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 20 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.
This article has been viewed 20,731 times.
A “gleek” can be someone who is infatuated with the show “Glee” to the extent of being a “geek” about it.
1Dress like a gleek. This means anything a high-schooler would wear is fair game. Here are some ideas:
- Rachel Berry. This preppy look places emphasis on bows, knee socks, cardigans, stripes and flats.  X Research source
- Tina Cohen-Chang. Tina’s goth look favors black boots, fingerless gloves, and dark, multicolored hair.
- Mercedes Jones. This diva loves to wear loud patterns, bold colors, skinny jeans, and the occasional feather boa.
- Quinn Fabray. When Quinn isn’t in her cheerleading uniform, you can find her in a dress, pastel cardigan, and matching flats.
- Kurt Hummel. Kurt’s style is dressier than most of the Glee Club members. You can most often find him in a button down shirt, fitted pants, and a matching scarf. Flamboyant sweaters are another favorite.
- Finn Hudson. Finn is a varsity jock. As a result, you can often wearing his football jersey or letter jacket with a pair of jeans.
- Noah “Puck” Puckerman. Like Finn, Puck is a varsity jock, and dresses accordingly. However, his style is slightly different than Finn’s—you can often find him in fitted black or grey jeans (though nowhere near as fitted as Kurt’s!) and a T or button up shirt.
- 2Obsess over Glee. Make no plans for Thursday nights unless those plans include watching the latest episode. Tolerate no interruptions while you are watching. Watch the episode a second time within twenty four hours of it being aired. Watch it multiple times throughout the week. Get your family and friends hooked too!
3Make the world your stage. Whether your doing chores or out with your friends, find opportunities to break into song and dance.
- Have a wide taste of music on your iPod/mp3 player. You should be well versed in Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, and Madonna as well as the songs from Broadway shows such as Wicked and Les Misérables. Journey, Victor Victoria, and Queen are also important.
4Talk about the characters like you know them, even if you’re talking to a non-gleek.
- Quote your favorite character(s)! You can always reply to someone with a good Glee quote. (Ex.: I carry a rape whistle!).
- 5Know the actors. To be a true gleek, you must know not only what’s going on in the character’s lives, but also in the lives of the actors who portray them. Follow them on twitter, or look them up online and in magazines.
6Decorate your room with all things Glee. Posters, photos, and sheet music to your favorite songs are good places to start.
- Take your photo with the “loser” sign. They’re lots of fun to take and make! They’re essential to every Gleek.
- 7Wear Glee shirts. Have other Glee merch, like a mug or water bottle. Don’t wear all Glee merch, or people might call you a poser.
- 8Have fun with it! Being a Gleek is all about the love of Glee.Advertisement
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- True Gleeks treat the show like it’s reality, even though they’re aware it’s a TV show. They follow the characters as if they are they’re friends!⧼thumbs_response⧽
- If you absolutely had to miss last night’s episode, no need to worry! Head to Hulu.com and get caught up. Enjoy GLEEK.⧼thumbs_response⧽
- Don’t always reply with Glee quotes. They might get old, or have nothing to do with a conversation.⧼thumbs_response⧽
- Don’t talk about Glee too much. Some non-Gleeks might find it annoying, and you may get called a poser.⧼thumbs_response⧽
- Beware of imitating Kurt Hummel. Fantastic as he may be (yes, I am a massive Gleek), your peers might not be so accepting of the LGBT community yet. You might get teased or bullied.⧼thumbs_response⧽
About this article
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 20,731 times.
Did this article help you?