Google Chrome is a popular web browser that provides a smooth browsing experience on Android and other devices. However, sometimes using Chrome can be a frustrating experience when it automatically downloads files without your consent. It can happen when you accidentally tap on a download link or when Chrome has been set up to download files automatically. Fortunately, there are ways to stop downloading file on Android Chrome browser. This guide on how do I stop Chrome from downloading a file in an Android will surely get you through this unnecessary occurrence and provide you back the same smooth browsing and downloading experience on Chrome.
Table of Contents
How Do I Stop Chrome from Downloading a File in an Android
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how do I stop Chrome from downloading a file in an Android in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
To stop Chrome from downloading a file in an Android device, you can follow these steps:
1. Go to Chrome browser on your Android phone and tap on the three-dotted icon.
2. Select Downloads from the drop-down menu.
3. Lastly, tap on the X icon to cancel the downloading process of the desired file.
Note: Since Android smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
Can I Stop a File from Downloading on Android?
Yes, you can stop a file from downloading on Android from the notification panel. You can cancel the download to stop the downloading process of the file on Chrome.
Why are My Android Downloads Pending So Long?
There could be a few reasons why your Android downloads have been pending for a long time.
- One possible reason is that your internet connection is slow or unstable, which can affect the download speed.
- Another reason could be that there is not enough storage space on your Android device to complete the download.
Also Read: 13 Ways to Fix Failed Download Error on Chrome
How to Stop a Download on Android?
You can easily stop a download from the notification panel as all downloads on Android are displayed in the notification drawer.
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification panel.
2. Locate the desired download notification.
3. Tap on the Cancel option to stop it.
Note: If the Cancel or Stop option is not visible in the notification, tap on the notification to open the settings menu and then cancel it from there.
How Do I Cancel a Pending Download on Android?
Following are the steps to cancel a pending download on Android phones:
1. Open the Downloads app on your Android device.
2. Then, tap and hold the pending download that you want to cancel.
3. Tap on the Delete option from the bottom.
4. Now, tap on the OK option from the popup.
Also Read: How to Fix Queued Download on Android
How to Stop an App from Downloading on Android?
Following are the steps to stop an app from downloading on Android:
1. Go to the Google Play Store app on your Android phone.
2. Tap on the profile icon from the top right corner.
3. Tap on Manage apps and device.
4. Then, tap on the All apps up to date or Update available option to see the pending downloads.
5. Tap on the pending download from the list.
6. Tap on Cancel from the app info section to stop the download.
Alternatively, you can tap on Cancel from the notification panel to stop the app download process.
Also Read: How to Delete Downloads on Android
How Do I Stop Chrome from Downloading a File in an Android?
Following are the steps to stop Chrome from downloading a file on an Android:
1. Open the Google Chrome app on your Android phone.
2. Then, tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right of your screen.
3. Then, tap on Downloads.
4. Tap on the X icon next to the downloading file. The file will immediately get stopped from downloading.
- How to Fix Hulu Error 94
- How to Delete Your Search Suggestions on Instagram
- 12 Ways to Fix Currently Unable to Download on Android Device
- How to Stop Auto Download in WhatsApp on Android and iPhone
So, this brings us to the end of our article. After reading this guide, we hope you learned how do I stop Chrome from downloading a file in an Android phone. Let us know in the comments section below if you have any suggestions or queries. Also, you can convey what you want to learn about next.