A complete day in Minecraft lasts just 20 minutes in real-world time. If you check the clock, you’ll notice that the day begins at 6 AM, and the sun will reach its peak point only 5 minutes later at noon. This will give you about 10 minutes of both daytime and nighttime. You must first learn about the day and night cycles and what tasks should you divide into each one.
For instance, during the daytime, your main focus should be do all the essential and straightforward tasks, such as farming. However, the nighttime is a little dangerous as you will encounter various monsters while wandering around.
- In Minecraft, you are a little free to explore and gather essentials during the day. But at night the monsters emerge and it becomes dangerous to explore.
- In Minecraft, one day is equal to 20 minutes in real-time.
- You can skip through the night, however, and avoid trouble by sleeping in a bed.
- A bed can be crafted using 3 wooden planks and 3 wool of the same color.
Other Guides: Best Minecraft Building Ideas.
The Day and Night Cycle in Minecraft
If you’re new to Minecraft or are about to play it, then you’ll be surprised to know that a full day and night cycle in Minecraft is extremely short. In fact, it is equal to just 20 minutes of real-world time. 1 real-world second is equal to around 1 minute and 12 seconds in Minecraft. Similarly, an hour in real-world is equal to 3 days in Minecraft, a day is equal to 72 days, and a year is equal to 27,297 Minecraft days.
The Dangers of Night in Minecraft
In Minecraft, some players make the mistake of completely avoiding the day and night cycle. However, they don’t know that they are putting themselves in great danger without following proper Minecraft sleep cycles. This is because if you go without sleeping for straight three nights in Minecraft, you will start seeing flying creatures called Phantoms. And trust me, these creatures are not something you should mess with. Therefore, in order to avoid getting killed by them, you must learn when the night begins so that you can start preparing for it at the right time.
The time in Minecraft follows a ticks system. A full day and night cycle is equal to 24,000 ticks. Below is a full 24-hour Minecraft day schedule.
Minecraft Day and Night Cycle Schedule
|Time in Minecraft||Total Ticks||Real-World Time||Event|
|The day begins.|
|07:00:00.0||1000||0:50||The time when using the /time set day command.|
|08:00:00.0||2000||1:40||Villagers start the work.|
|12:00:00.0||6000||5:00||The start of Noon, i.e the sun reaches its peak.|
|15:00:00.0||9000||7:30||Villagers conclude their work.|
|18:00:00.0||12000||10:00||Sunset appears. Some villagers also go to their beds at this time.|
|18:00:36.0||12010||10:00.5||If it’s raining outside, you can use beds at this point.|
|18:32:31.2||12542||10:27.1||Beds can be used at this point in clear weather and the bees start entering their nest.|
|18:36:36.0||12610||10:30.5||The clock shows exactly dusk (day to night).|
|18:47:09.6||12786||10:39.3||The solar zenith angle is 0Horizon stops getting darker|
|18:58:08.4||12969||10:48.45||Monsters start spawning at this time in rainy weather.|
|19:00:00.0||13000||10:50||The night begins.|
|19:11:16.8||13188||10:59.4||Monsters start spawning at this time in clear weather.|
|23:50:34.8||17843||14:52.7||This time marks Midnight.|
|05:00:00.0||23000||19:10||The beginning of the Sunrise.|
|05:02:27.6||23041||19:12.1||This time marks dawn.|
|05:27:36.0||23460||19:33||Beds can no longer be used in clear weather at this time. Bees also start leaving their nests.|
|05:57:39.6||23961||19:58.1||The internal sky-light increases.|
|05:59:31.2||23992||19:59.6||This marks the beginning of the day. You can no longer use beds at this point in rainy weather.|
The day and night cycle of Minecraft can be further divided into four different sections.
- Daytime: This starts at 06:00 and ends at 18:00. This is the longest part of the 24-hour cycle. This part has the most light and you should complete all the important tasks during this time.
- Dusk: This starts at 18:00 and ends at 19:00. This is when the light starts to decrease as it marks the beginning of the sunset. You should start preparing for the dangers of the night during this time.
- Night Time: This starts at 19:00 and lasts till 05:00. Monsters start spawning during this time and you should not roam around carelessly. In addition to this, the light is extremely low during this time.
- Dawn: This starts at 5:00 and ends at 06:00. It marks the beginning of the sunrise and monsters usually start disappearing during this time. The light also starts increasing at this point.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Is A Minecraft Day?
The day lasts for 10 minutes in Minecraft.
How Long Is The Night In Minecraft?
The night lasts for 10 minutes in Minecraft.
Can I Go Outside At Night In Minecraft?
Yes, you can, but you should always carry around a sword with you.
This was all regarding how long is a Minecraft day. We will suggest that you avoid going out at night and use this time to get your character some well-deserved sleep. However, there can be times when you will need to go outside at night for an important task. If this happens, then make sure you’re wearing some good armor and carrying a sword as well. This will allow you to take down monsters that are roaming around at night. Before you leave, make sure to check out how to repair a Bow in Minecraft as well.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍